Can you unlock a Word document without the password?
Re-open the modified Rich-Text file in Word, go to “Review”, “Restrict Editing” and click on “Stop Protection” (german version: “Überprüfen” – “Bearbeitung Einschränken” – “Schutz aufheben”). Uncheck all tick-boxes. Done. You’ve unprotected your Word file without ever knowing the password.
How do you unlock a locked Word document?
Unlock a protected document
- On the Review tab, in the Protect group, click Restrict Editing.
- In the Restrict Formatting and Editing task pane, click Stop Protection.
- If you are prompted to provide a password, type the password.
How can I open a password protected docx file?
Here is a method that works, and is free:
- Open your document in Word, then save it in “. …
- Open the . …
- Search for the string w_enforcement=”1″.
- Replace the “1” with a “0” to disable enforcement (i.e., unlock the document).
- Save the document from your text editor.
- Open the . …
- Choose “Save as…” and save it as a .
How do I remove protection from a Word document?
To turn off the protection, click the Review tab and click the Restrict Editing icon. Click the Stop Protection button at the bottom of the Restrict Editing pane, then enter the password and click OK. Uncheck the options for Formatting and Editing restrictions that appear on the pane.
How can I open a password-protected Word 2007 document?
Click the Office button in the upper left corner of the window and mouse over the “Prepare” option. Select “Encrypt document” from the slide-out menu. An encrypted document cannot be opened without supplying the password. A password protection window will pop up with asterisks where the password was entered.
How do I remove password protection from a Word 2010 document?
How to Remove Password From a Document on Word 2010
- Open the Word document using your password.
- Go to File > Info > Protect Document > Encrypt with Password.
- In the new dialog box, clear all the data in the Password field and click OK.
- Finally, save the document and close it.
How do I unlock Microsoft Word 2020?
Follow the curated steps to learn how to unlock selection in word.
- Double-click on Word file to open and enter the password to open it. Navigate to “Save as” from the MS Office button.
- Click option “Tools” from the dialog box displayed on your computer screen.
- Choose “Security Options” and eliminate the password fields.
How do you open an encrypted file that has a password?
Encrypted files do not have a special file extension, but they do have a lock displayed on the icon. To unlock these files, all you have to do is log into your computer using your password. If someone else logs into your computer, the files cannot be opened.