Can I lock formatting in Excel but allow data entry?
Select the cells you need to protect their formatting but only allow data entry, then press Ctrl + 1 keys simultaneously to open the Format Cells dialog box. 2. In the Format Cells dialog box, uncheck the Locked box under the Protection tab, and then click the OK button.
How do I protect a sheet but allow input into certain cells only?
Select the cells which you only allow to change in a worksheet, right click on the selected cells, and then click Format Cells from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot: 2. In the Format Cells dialog box, go to the Protection tab, uncheck the Locked box, and then click the OK button.
How do I lock cells in Excel but allow editing?
On the worksheet, select just the cells that you want to lock. Bring up the Format Cells popup window again (Ctrl+Shift+F). This time, on the Protection tab, check the Locked box and then click OK.
How do I protect an Excel spreadsheet without editing?
Go to File > Info > Protect > Unprotect Sheet, or from the Review tab > Changes > Unprotect Sheet.
How do I protect my Excel spreadsheet?
Protect an Excel file
- Select File > Info.
- Select the Protect Workbook box and choose Encrypt with Password.
- Enter a password in the Password box, and then select OK.
- Confirm the password in the Reenter Password box, and then select OK.
How do I protect an Excel spreadsheet from editing and copying?
On the worksheet, select the cells you want to lock. Press Ctrl+Shift+F again. On the Protection tab, check the Locked box, and click OK. To protect the sheet, click Review > Protect Sheet.
How do I lock cells in Excel without protecting the sheet?
Betreff: Lock cell without protecting worksheet
- Start Excel.
- Switch to the “Check” tab and select “Remove sheet protection”. …
- Select all cells by clicking in the top left corner of the table.
- In the “Start” tab, select “Format> Format cells> Protection” and uncheck “Locked”.