How do I check my Windows Defender activity?
To view a Microsoft Defender Antivirus event
- Open Event Viewer.
- In the console tree, expand Applications and Services Logs, then Microsoft, then Windows, then Windows Defender.
- Double-click on Operational.
- In the details pane, view the list of individual events to find your event.
How do you check Windows Defender is on or off?
If you see the shield your Windows Defender is running and active. Step 1: select “Update and Security” Step 2: Select “Windows Security” Page 3 Step 3: Look for “Virus & thread protection” If “Virus & threat protection” is not enabled, please do so if you wish.
How do I manage my defender antivirus?
You can manage and configure Microsoft Defender Antivirus with the following tools:
- Microsoft Intune (now part of Microsoft Endpoint Manager)
- Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (now part of Microsoft Endpoint Manager)
- Group Policy.
- PowerShell cmdlets.
- Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI)
How can I see all protection history?
How to view malware protection history using Windows Security
- Open Start.
- Search for Windows Security and click the top result to open the app.
- Click on Virus & threat protection.
- Under the “Current threats” section, click the Protection history option. …
- Confirm the list of threats found by Microsoft Defender Antivirus.
How do I check my antivirus log?
The Antivirus logs can be viewed by selecting ‘Antivirus Events’ from the Show drop-down of the log viewer interface. Alternatively, the Antivirus log screen can be accessed by clicking the number beside ‘Detected Threats’ in the Advanced View of the Home screen in the Antivirus pane.
How do I know if my defender ATP is running?
How do I confirm Microsoft Defender ATP is running on my University-owned device?
- Open Task Manager and click the Details tab.
- Scroll down and locate MsSense.exe. The Status column will indicate whether it is running.
How do I turn on Windows Defender after uninstalling antivirus?
If you want to make sure that Windows Defender’s real-time protection is disabled—or re-enabled after uninstalling a third-party antivirus app—hit Start, type “defender,” and then select “Windows Defender.”
Why is my Windows Defender antivirus turned off?
If Windows Defender is turned off, this may be because you have another antivirus app installed on your machine (check Control Panel, System and Security, Security and Maintenance to make sure). You should turn off and uninstall this app before running Windows Defender to avoid any software clashes.
What happens when Windows Defender finds a Virus?
When a malware is detected, Windows Defender inform you. It won’t ask you what you want to do with the malicious software it finds. The malware is automatically removed or put in quarantine.
How do I manage Windows Defender for endpoint?
Find your Microsoft Defender for Endpoint settings in Intune
Go to the Azure portal (https://portal.azure.com) and sign in. Under Azure Services, choose Intune. In the navigation pane on the left, choose Device configuration, and then, under Manage, choose Profiles. Select an existing profile, or create a new one.
How do I fix Windows Defender in Windows 10?
How to fix the Windows 10 antivirus bug
- Click on the Start Menu and type ‘Windows Security’
- Open the app and click ‘Virus and security protection’
- Check for updates and install the latest version.
- Restart Windows Defender and it should be working properly again.