How can I protect my hands at work?
Wear appropriate gloves to protect against particular hazards. Be mindful of where both hands are placed at all times while working, especially when working with machinery. Avoid using hands to feed material into machines. Never use your hands to sweep up glass, metal shavings, wood chips, or other sharp objects.
How can we protect our hands?
Best Practices for Healthy Hands
- Use pre-work creams. …
- Wash hands properly and often. …
- Use the right cleanser for the job. …
- Choose heavy-duty cleansers without harsh abrasives. …
- Opt for solvent-free cleansers. …
- Keep cleansers accessible. …
- Condition hands after washing. …
- Use gloves where required or necessary.
Why is it important to protect your hands?
It has been estimated that almost 20% of all disabling accidents on the job involve the hands. Without your fingers or hands, your ability to work would be greatly reduced. … No other creature in the world has hands that can grasp, hold, move, and manipulate objects like human hands. They are one of your greatest assets.
What protect the hands when working with hot equipment or materials?
Anti-vibration/impact gloves – Protection from vibration or impact from tools and equipment. Helps prevent hand, finger, and arm fatigue. Leather gloves – Qualities of leather include comfort, durability, dexterity, mild heat resistance, and abrasion resistance. Good all-purpose glove.
What is hand protection for?
Hand protection is saving one’s hands from any sort of injury at work. Hands are vital tools of human being and therefore most vulnerable to injuries as well. Very often, hands are exposed to hazardous conditions such as sharp edges, pinch points, rotary machinery, hot objects, electricity, splinters and chemicals etc.
How can you protect your hand from injury?
Hand injury prevention basics
- Use leather gloves, cut-resistant gloves or chemical-resistant gloves, depending on the task.
- Remove bracelets and jewelry.
- Don’t use gloves that can get caught in machinery.
- Make sure the gloves are your size.
What is Hand Protection PPE?
Protective equipment includes gloves, finger guards and arm coverings.