Which program is an antivirus program?
Popular antivirus programs are Norton, McAfee, Sophos, Bitdefender, AVG and Kaspersky. Microsoft Defender is Microsoft’s own antivirus software that comes with Windows, starting with Windows 8. Antivirus programs are used on all Windows machines, but most Mac users do not install them.
What is antivirus and examples?
Answer: Antivirus is a software utility program designed to protect a system from internal attacks from viruses, trojan horse, spyware and so on. … The main function of an antivirus is to scan, detect, prevent and remove any existential threat to the computer system. Examples: Norton, McAfee and Kapersky.
What are 3 antivirus programs?
The 7 Best Antivirus Software of 2021
- Best Overall: Bitdefender Antivirus Plus.
- Best for Windows: Norton 360 With LifeLock.
- Best for Mac: Webroot SecureAnywhere for Mac.
- Best for Multiple Devices: McAfee Antivirus Plus.
- Best Premium Option: Trend Micro Antivirus+ Security.
- Best Malware Scanning: Malwarebytes.
What are the five antivirus programs?
Here are our top five picks:
- Bitdefender Internet Security.
- Norton Security.
- Comodo Internet Security.
Which is not antivirus program?
The correct answer is Linux. Linux is an operating system whereas Kaspersky, Norton and Avast are anti-virus software. Just like Windows, iOS, and Mac OS, Linux is an operating system. Android, is powered by the Linux operating system.
What antivirus means?
Antivirus is a kind of software used to prevent, scan, detect and delete viruses from a computer. Once installed, most antivirus software runs automatically in the background to provide real-time protection against virus attacks.
What is antivirus name any 4 antivirus?
Answer: McAfee , Adaware ,Kaspersky , and Norton are four antivirus software..
Which is best antivirus?
The best antivirus software you can buy today
- Kaspersky Total Security. The best antivirus protection overall. …
- Bitdefender Antivirus Plus. The best value antivirus software currently available. …
- Norton 360 Deluxe. …
- McAfee Internet Security. …
- Trend Micro Maximum Security. …
- ESET Smart Security Premium. …
- Sophos Home Premium.
How many types of antivirus are there?
Key takeaway: Antivirus software detects and removes viruses on computers and networks. Modern-day antivirus software protect your devices against malware without affecting their speed and performance. Read on to learn about the three main types of antivirus software.