How do I unblock an application in Symantec Endpoint Protection?
Login to the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM) and go to the Policies page. On the Exceptions Policy page, click Exceptions. Click Add > Windows Exceptions > Application. In the View drop-down list, select All, Watched Applications, or User-allowed Applications.
How do I whitelist in Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager?
Log in to the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM) console. Click on Policies>Intrusion Prevention. Select the Intrusion Prevention policy you wish to update and click Edit the policy. Click Exceptions>Add and select the desired ID(s) from the exceptions list.
How do I exclude files from Symantec Endpoint Protection?
How to exclude particular Files and Folders from all Scanning on SEPM
- Right Click on Blank Space and Choose Add.
- Give name to Policy.
- Choose Add Button –> Windows Exceptions –> Files or Folders.
- In Folder option gives a path of Ajax Mail Sync.exe folder which is present on client machines Drive.
How do I add antivirus exceptions?
Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection. Under Virus & threat protection settings, select Manage settings, and then under Exclusions, select Add or remove exclusions. Select Add an exclusion, and then select from files, folders, file types, or process.
What type of exceptions can an administrator create from the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager for a Mac client?
Application Exception. File Exception. Folder Exceptions > Security risk Exception/SONAR Exception. Trusted Web Domain Exception.
How do I whitelist a website in Symantec Endpoint Protection?
To create a rule to allow only selected websites, please follow the steps below.
- Go to firewall policy> Rules.
- Click on Add Rule. Select Host > Next > From Address Type drop down menu select DNS domain.
- Enter DNS Domain as *. *symantec*. …
- Click Next > Click Finish. …
- Once the rule is created, highlight the new rule.
How do I add exceptions to Symantec Endpoint Firewall?
Follow these steps: Login to the SEPM. Click Clients. Select the group that your client is in.
- Double-click the SEP system tray icon.
- Click Options next to Network Threat Protection.
- Click Configure Firewall Rules…
- Click Add.
- Fill out the rule information as you see fit and click OK.
How do I enable LiveUpdate in Symantec Endpoint?
- Open your SEP console.
- Go to policies, LiveUpdate.
- Server Settings, check on “Use a LiveUpdate server” and let the dot on “Use the default Symantec LiveUpdate server”
How do I allow URL in Symantec Endpoint Protection?
Under Remote Click Add Under Type Select DNS domain. Under DNS Domain type the name of the Website e.g. : *. symantec.com. Click OK and close the Host List Window.
How can I tell if Symantec endpoint is running?
Method A: A system tray icon on the lower right of the desktop will also display the shield icon if Symantec Endpoint Protection is present. The icon may be hidden and can be seen by clicking on the triangle button. Method B: An entry for Symantec Endpoint Protection will be added under Start > All Programs.
How do I enable Symantec Endpoint Protection in Chrome?
Go to this registry key: HKLM > Software > Policies > Google Chrome. Double-click the RendererCodeIntegrityEnabled DWORD on the right of the window. Change its value to 0 in the Edit Dword window. Click the OK option.