How do I delete Undeletable folders?
Solution 1. Close the folder or file and try again
- Press “Ctrl + Alt + Delete” simultaneously and choose “Task Manager” to open it.
- Find the application where your data is in use. Select it and click “End task”.
- Try to delete the undeletable information once again.
How do I delete a protected file?
Use the Command Prompt
Or, press the Windows key and R to bring up the Run.. box and type cmd.exe and press Enter. Type “del” or “ren” into the prompt, depending on whether you wish to delete or rename the file, and hit space once. Drag and drop the locked file with your mouse into the command prompt.
How do you delete some folders that won’t delete?
3 Methods to Force Delete a File or Folder in Windows 10
- Use “DEL” command to force delete a file in CMD: Access CMD utility. …
- Press Shift + Delete to force delete a file or folder. …
- Run Windows 10 in Safe Mode to Delete the File/Folder.
How do I force delete a folder on Mac?
Force Delete Stubborn Files on Mac OS
- Launch the Terminal.
- Type “sudo*rm*-R*”
- Drag the files you want to delete files after this command.
- Give an Administrator password.
How can I delete con folder?
There is a folder on your server that has the name of a reserved system device (such as COM1, PRN, or CON). You need to delete the folder but are unable to.
- Open up a command prompt.
- Type: rmdir “\.C:System Volume InformationTEMP” /S /Q.
- The folder will now be deleted.
Can you delete a password protected file?
If you use a password on your account, you’ll need to select your account and enter the password before proceeding. , and locate the previously locked file. Delete the file. Click the previously locked file, click the Home tab, and click Delete in the toolbar that appears.
How do I remove restricted files in Windows 10?
How to Delete a Locked File in Windows 10
- Locate the folder you wish to delete. …
- Download Process Explorer from Microsoft’s website, and press OK on the pop-up window.
- Double click processexp64 to extract the file.
- Choose Extract All.
- Click Open.
- Double click the procexp64 application to open the application.
- Select Run.
How do I get rid of corrupted and unreadable folders?
Sometimes, even though your files get corrupted, unreadable or damaged, you can delete them by clicking the “Delete” button, holding the “Shift+Delete” buttons, or even dragging them to the recycle bin.
How do you delete a folder even if it is in use?
Try Ctrl + Shift + Esc > “programs”, then right click the one you want to deactivate and choose deactivate. Then delete it again!
How do I delete a folder that won’t delete Mac?
Type in “rm -f ” without the quotation marks, and with the space after the f. Then find the file that wont delete, and drag it to the Terminal window, and the path to that item should appear. Double check that this is the thing you want to delete, then press enter.